About the Daycare:
Hello World Daycare is a licensed In Home Multi-age centre for up to 8 children. Children are encouraged to learn and explore in a safe and supportive home environment, while being introduced to cultures around the world. We are conveniently located on several major bus routes, near Hillside Mall. Our website is https://helloworlddaycare.com
This is an exciting opportunity for an ECE student, recent graduate, or someone hoping to step into their childcare career! This is a part-time position, starting in September. We offer morning or afternoon shifts, based on your availability. You will work directly with the owner/operator in performing a wide variety of duties that are essential to running our in-home daycare and caring for our little clients. While experience and qualifications are important, a positive attitude, creativity, motivation, kindness, and reliability are essential.
- Encourage and support children in learning about diverse cultures.
- Assist in providing age appropriate support, supervision, and personal care: including bathroom breaks, snack time, and helping with shoes and coats.
- Support the maintenance of a clean, safe, comfortable, age appropriate environment.
- Assist in providing early learning experiences that will stimulate and develop the children’s intellectual, physical and emotional growth.
- Implement an age appropriate curriculum as outlined by the ECE.
- Care for the overall safety of children in an indoor and outdoor setting.
- Create and implement activities.
- Other duties as needed, which may include, but are not limited to: light housekeeping related to the daycare, light food preparation, and accompanying the children on outings – within walking distance of the centre.
Qualifications/Skills- The ideal candidate will have the following:
- High School graduation.
- Enrolled in an ECE program, or possessing previous experience and planning to enrol.
- Minimum 6 months experience in a child care role.
- Clear criminal record check, to be provided by the applicant.
- Doctor’s note stating that you are physically and mentally able to work with children.
- Able to work in a team and independently.
- Creative, enthusiastic, detail minded and patient; can generate ideas for fun and safe activities to do with the children.
- Establish and maintain positive daily communication and interaction with co-workers to build a positive working relationship.
- Able to work effectively in a team but can also work independently, takes initiative and can manage time effectively.
Additional Skills or Qualifications- Skills that are preferred, but not mandatory:
- Fluency, or a working knowledge, of a second language.
- Musical ability and/or knowledge of sports, modified for young children.
Interested applicants are invited to e-mail a copy of their cover letter and resume with your availability to firstname.lastname@example.org